Saturday, May 7, 2011

Language barrier

Apparently advertising got lost in translation. Originally titled "The Hangover 2" in America at least. In France, it became modified to just a very bad trip. Bravo advertising crew in France. You caught my attention with your translation. Maybe there are no hangovers in France and therefore no translation. High alcohol tolerance.

I wonder if a lot of movie titles get lost in translation because I feel like I've seen something like it before. Or if America gets lost in translation. The only movie I can think of is Pan's Labyrinth which is originally called El Laberinto del Fauno (The Faun's Labyrinth). I guess The Faun's Labyrinth wasn't dynamic enough for America.

1 comment:

  1. same problem when movie subtitles get translated from one language to another. Most of the time they are funny.

    ReplyDelete