Tuesday, May 17, 2011

John Coy

So minus the technical issues with John Coy's presentation, he seemed to really want to help with our problems with getting a job and the real life. Though he did answer some of the questions from his audience, I felt like he just gave a general answer to questions. He didn't really go into depth about advice for students in their future. I felt he explained the basics like, networking and be passionate about your work. I agree with his points that sketching is a good before you start designing, loving your work and doing work for something you're passionate about but they were things that I already know from previous speakers.
He seemed to be very optimistic about students getting a job. He said that if you did something really well then jobs would come to you. It was a change of thought from what I've been told (that the job market is horrible) and a bit hopeful but I don't know if jobs will be falling into my lap anytime soon. But who knows.
I enjoyed John's work in his presentation. He has a certain style in his works. A lot of his work uses collages. When explaining about his work he didn't seem to have a lot of passion though. He skipped through a lot of pieces without explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment