Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Reading 6: Narratives of Space and Time

I think Tufte and Galileo would have been homies back in the day. I figured this out from the emphasis on Tufte's many quotations and reference images from Galileo.

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out what Tufte means by time and space. He talks about the timetables of rails and schedules. I don't know if I'm thinking too into it, but I think he talks about time as timetables (train arrival times) and space as (amount of space for the diagram or whatnot, chart, etc.).

I loved the diagrams of the dance steps. The illustrations effectively described what steps needed to be taken where during the dance. Pace however was not given but I'm guessing these are more reference guides rather than how to dance illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment